Content Marketing is a Fabulous Opportunity if done correctly.
Content Marketing Essentials
What is Content Marketing?
Basically, Content Marketing is any activity where intellectual information is published for the purpose of attracting, acquiring, or engaging new and existing customers. While it could encompass any publishing media, it is often currently associated with electronic marketing like blogging, video, image and text and email newsletters.
Every day, more and more people are searching for the goods and services you provide. Where are they looking? By far the vast majority are searching on line but how will they find you? Somehow you need to have your web presence stand out among the crowd but, according to the latest publication from Content Marketing Institutes B2B Content Marketing: 2012 Budgets, Benchmarks and Trends:
- Content Marketing has become the hottest topic of discussion.
- Most Content Marketing has shifted from Branding to Customer Acquisition.
- Over 60% of respondents plan to increase spending on Content Marketing.
A Great Opportunity, if Done Correctly
What this means to you is that it is becoming harder to drive traffic to your web site while at the same time, it is becoming much more critical to do so. With the right system, you can dominate the local and even national markets and do so at a surprisingly affordable cost. However, if done incorrectly or haphazardly, it can fizzle, and just result in time and money wasted.
So, what does it take? Here are some guidelines:
- Content must be created consistently, on a regular basis, and for an extended period of time.
- It must be of value to your prospective customers by helping them solve their problems and answer their questions.
- If possible, it should be entertaining, at least with the use of attractive images and at best, with the use of video and humor.
- It must be “keyword rich” and the keywords need to be appropriate to your service.
- It must be unique. The search engines will punish you for duplicate content.
- It must attract rather than repel. If every piece of content sounds like a promotion and requires signups for valuable information, you will lose potentially valuable contacts.
- It must be published to the best locations. Publishing to your web site is essential and adds to your keyword density but publishing to other directories and public or social sites adds back-links to your page and further increases your ranking on search engines.
Content Marketing may prove to be a new approach for you but if done correctly, it can offer your business the following advantages:
- Develop your site into a Trusted Authority in your field.
- Rank Higher in Search Engines for Competitive Key Words.
- Increase Traffic of Qualified Leads to your site.
- Build a permanent source of Targeted Links.
- Increase your site’s conversion rates.
“Traditional Marketing tries to ‘grab people.’
Content Marketing draws them in by inviting
them to a friendly conversation.”
If you think you might be ready for a Content Marketing campaign but are not sure where you will find the time, don’t worry. There are numerous sources of done-for-you content creation services available that are so professional and creative that you can be confident of the quality and results. It may seem like a daunting task, but it can be done inexpensively so, if you are ready, it’s best to get started right away!
For more information on how PMMpro.com can help you take advantage of this and other golden opportunities in mobile marketing, call us at 951-821-8659